What is SIX SIGMA ?
Six Sigma is a data driven, customer focused and result oriented methodology which uses statistical tools and techniques to systematically eliminate the defects and inefficiency to improve processes. Six Sigma was developed by Motorola in 1986 and since then it has been adopted by all leading companies across industries.
Initially GE and Motorola developed certification programs (belt) to verify individuals’ expertise on the Six Sigma methods at the relevant skill level — entry level to expert. After that many organizations in the 1990s started offering Six Sigma certifications to their employees.
Various Six Sigma certifications offered are —
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
WHY SIX SIGMA
- Widely accepted quality concept in the corporate world
- Six Sigma can be applied in any industry and any project
- Six Sigma helps companies to reduce cost and improve productivity
- Six Sigma improves quality of projects output by reduction of inefficiencies and defects
- Six Sigma increases customer satisfaction, and Loyalty
- Certified Six Sigma Professionals can help increasing ROI significantly