COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
Why COBIT® 5 Foundation
- Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
- Understanding of responsibilities and roles in cybersecurity within the organization.
- Better understanding of current cybersecurity posture and risks to the organization.
- Understanding of actions required to close gaps between current cybersecurity posture and target state.
COBIT® 5 Foundation
Obtaining the Foundation qualification will show that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to be able to:
- Understand the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Create awareness with your business executives and senior IT management
- Assess the current state of enterprise IT in your department or organization
- Scope which aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement